Price (US$): Reduced $75,000! Now only $1,250,000
Building Square Footage: 860 sqr mtrs (7,740 sq ft) including covered porch areas
Full Baths: 14 + 2 half baths
Lot Size or Farm Acreage: 1 acre (approximately 3,900 square metres)
Internet Connection: ADSL – 2 Meg and more plus “N” caliber router WIFI
Water: Two AYA City Water meters and one on site well.
Electrical: Three ICE meters (2x100 Amp and 1x 200 Amp services)
Neighborhood: Barrio San Jose de Alajuela/La Garita
Property City: Alajuela
Geographic Area: Central Valley –GMA
Property Description: This is a gorgeous peaceful property located just minutes from
the airport in the Central Valley of Costa Rica, halfway between the towns of La Garita
and Alajuela. Warm days with pleasant breezes and cool nights provide this area the
distinction (according to National Geographic) of having the best climate in the world!
This Hotel has:
1. twelve rooms of various sizes and two large family suites (all with private
2. Fully modernized Superior Rooms and extensively updated Standard Rooms.
3. Spa La Rosa
4. Restaurante La Rosa (24 seating capacity)
5. Handicapped Room that meets the required ICT standard.
6. a private swimming pool with sun deck and covered rest area.
7. a dining room and a comfortable reception area/lounge .
8. high speed Internet, computer/work centre.
9. WIFI in all rooms.
10. 75% of property devoted to beautifully tended Italian designed tropical
1. It is centrally located to all of the most popular Central Valley tourist
2. Close to the Juan Santamaria (San Jose) International Airport (7km due
3. View from the pool and Reception area of both Volcan Poas AND Volcan Barva.
4. Selection of popular restaurants nearby.
5. Excellent access to major highways leading to all parts of Costa Rica
6. Four Major grocery stores within 7 min drive. Corner store 3 min walk.
The property is located in a very peaceful and quiet suburb and is surrounded on two
sides by empty lots, in the rear by a very beautiful Finca with the only purpose of raising
show horses, and on the final side by a small, gated upscale community.
This is a very profitable (and continually growing) business! Guaranteed advance
bookings for the hotel regularly exceed $100,000. This offers both guaranteed revenue
and greater business stability – a lot of the work is done already!
Detailed Specifications listed below:
- Rooms 8 & 9: 78 square meters total, 26 of which are verandah.
- Rooms 5, 6, & 7: 117 square meters total, 39 of which are verandah.
- Rooms 3 & 4: 78 square meters, 26 of which are verandah.
- Rooms 11, 12, Reception, Dining Room, 207 square meters total of which 45 are verandah or covered walking area.
- Rooms 1 & 2: 78 square meters total, 26 of which are verandah.
- Room 10 & Suite 1 & 2: 158 square meters total, 39 of which are verandah.
- Kitchen, Laundry Room: 74 square meters total of which 10 meters is covered walkway
- Screened in “Florida Room” Enclosed balcony: 35 meters total.
- Large Storage Bodega with welded steel storage racks: 19 metres total.
- Small Garden Bodega: 10 metres total.
- Concrete Pump House: 6 metres total.
Total building construction: approximately 860 square meters total, 211 of which are verandah or covered walkway areas. Please note that all verandahs are 100% covered by hotel roof structure and are an integral part of the actual hotel construction and Other Construction:
- Pool: 5 meters wide by 12 meters long = 60 square meters total.
- Pool deck: 209 square meters total – including pool area.
- Max depth is 2.2 metres
- Pump house for pool: 6 square meters with a newly refurbished Sand Filter system
- 17 metre deep well supplying year round water for pool and garden
- Emergency underground potable water cistern of 4,200 ltrs
- 2 x 500 ltr water storage tanks for well water
- Pressure pump to maintain hotel water pressure during peak periods of use
- Parking lot and entry way: 330 square meters total with 7 to 8 parking spot capacity.
- Garden Walkways: Approx 250 meters (linear measurement)
- Private street adjacent to gated community
- 12 private hotel rooms in 6 structures double, triple, & quad
- 2 suites capable of hosting 6 guests per suite
- Private baths with German designed hot water on demand showers
- Suites can easily be converted to Owner residence if desired
- Cable TV
- Most with Walk-in closets
- Ceiling fans (quite sufficient at 3000 feet)
- Gorgeous (much of it brand new) hardwood furniture made from solid
Guanacaste - Handmade specifically for the hotel.
- Orthopedic mattresses – all double mattresses are less than 3 years old and most
have 10 yr warrantees
- Safety deposit boxes – most rooms
- Covered Outside sitting areas (verandahs)
- Most with desks and luggage racks
- Wall decorations and high quality pictures purchased from local Costa Rica
- Six upgraded rooms have high quality artwork owned by the hotel
- Many exterior frescos, sculptures, and artwork – most 100% professionally re- painted in 2012.
- Total inventory of sheets (40% are Egyptian Cotton), bedspreads, and towels provided!
Full hotel kitchen/dining room which includes:
- Stainless steel counter tops 100% certified with local Ministry of Health
- Two Restaurant refrigerators and a separate one for Employees
- High power Microwave, smaller employee Microwave
- Coffee makers, toasters, other small appliances
- Gas Stove, gas cook burners, and gas oven
- Full inventory of dinnerware and silverware included
- Separate inventory of high quality dinnerware for Restaurante La Rosa included as well!
- Built-in propane gas system
- Dining room to accommodate 24 guests
- Wireless Stereo system controlled from Reception computer
- Adjacent men’s and women’s bathrooms
- Soda/pop machine with Coke contract
- Alpiste Wine Display Rack with Supply contract
- Doka Coffee Display Rack with Supply contract
- Breakfast and dinner meat, fruit and milk/juice suppliers
- Guest computer with high speed internet and flat screen monitor
- Comfortable Guest seating area with quality wicker furniture
- A small sale area for local handmade products, coffee bags, wine etc…
- High Speed Internet ADSL connection with ICE
- Two telephone lines/three wireless telephones
- Top ranked highly effective website and registered domain name
- Registered hotel logo
- WIFI, LAN
- N wireless router and 2 x G wireless access points reaching entire property
- High quality motion sensing security system
- LAN/WAN remote access capable video camera system
- Reservation system made specifically for hotel
- Owner computer with large flat screen monitor – Owner office area
- Laptop computer for Reservation System and UPS power backup for all computers
- POS Visa/MC for both Scotiabank and Banco Nacional.
- Library books, and numerous guide books and maps
- Heavy Duty one year old 17 kg Whirlpool clothes washer
- Back up brand new spare/emergency clothes washer
- Gas (propane) clothes dryer
- Area for solar dryer of sheets/towels etc out of sight for guests.
- Eating area for employees (table, fridge, microwave)
- Storage shelves
- Laundry basin/sink area
1. Two Suites if necessary can be easily converted to an Owner’s cottage. If this is done
(has been done in the past) then the Owner’s cottage would have two bedrooms, two
baths,kitchen/dining room, storage area, living room and large, private screened in
verandah (Florida room).
2. The hotel has private, secure parking with electric entry gate with bell and intercom, operable from reception, owner’s residence, or via remote controls currently the responsibility of the evening/night staff.
3. Swimming Pool (~5 x 12 meters) has underwater lights, Lighted Deck, Chairs, tables and lounges, Jacuzzi pump and laser sand filtration system and a large shade screen. Replenishment of pool water is via well on property.
4. Municipal water (AYA) with in ground 4200 liter fresh water tank (reserve).
5. Refurbished and well maintained Septic Systems throughout
6. Emergency lighting in Reception, Dining Room and Kitchen. Portable units as well.
7. Gorgeous garden with dozens of varieties of flowers and numerous shrubs, specimen trees and fruit trees such as:
- Mandarina (tangerine)
The quality of our secured and private garden is a major part of our hotel marketing. We are in a quiet and safe neighbourhood and our property is surrounded on three sides by thick privacy and security hedges. The fourth side faces an exclusive residential neighbourhood and is 50% walled and 50% hedged.
8. Completely new in ground sprinkling system via well on property. Reaches entire property with approximately 34 sprinkler heads of short range umbrella type and 7 long range, high volume type. The sprinklers are arranged in four separate lines that can be run together or independent of each other. Water is supplied via the onsite well.
9. Outside large and very secure storage bodega and one smaller garden bodega.
10. All physical and intellectual property included (registered logos, domains, website, blogs, original art, etc.)
11. Purchase consists of two corporations. *No deed (property) transfer tax necessary.